Monday, October 5, 2009

welcome to my new home... (eng. version)

(like the last post just english/translated by micha)
I´m living, together with 50 other people form all over the world, in Pretoria at a big training base. It is really interesting and challenging with all those different kinds of culture. First week everyone introduces their country with their own food. So here I am eating like people in India taking food with only ma right hand.

In small teams of two people were cooking every two weeks for the whole crew. Out A_Team is about 25 People and we are living in groups of two or four persons in our cottages. I love our little house – you have seen it in one of my posts before. Rebecca, Roselyn, Stini and made it a nice looking home.

My days begin at 6 a clock in the morning, hoping for a warm shower. It is just like a lottery, if you will have warm or cold showers. Half an hour later will have our morning prayers. Getting up as early as this made me nervous by thinking of it, but as I live it now I love it. It is a great gift starting the day with god.

Summer is starting and the first lemons are eatable. Our days are never the same. Seminaries and practical work is ever changing. Working on the base camp, working on a garden, car wash and things like that. It is real fun, though it does not sound like that.

Once a week we are visiting the mall. First I thought of being in America, but our way through the slums in front of the mall made me sure of not being there: begging children and poorness in the streets. It made me sad, seeing the rich and poor living so close to each other.

Children are not like those in Germany. They are looking and reaching for contact every minute.

Saturdays and Sundays are our leisure time: washing my shirts, sleeping and phoning up my mom and friends. I love the African worship in the services.

From 24th September will have our first outreach to Botswana for two weeks. We have no idea what will happen for everything seems to me a bit improvised.

Kind regards, Pina

No comments:

Post a Comment