Tuesday, March 16, 2010

9th newsletter

After staying in South Africa for 6 months of I have finally become one of those who say, "where has all the time gone?" I can hardly believe that half of my time here is already over.
As you could read from my last newsletter, the Mission Discipleship Training (MDT) has started in January. I am getting along well with all the changes. The girls I share the room with are great and we have a really nice fellowship.

Here is my daily schedule:
5:30: Good morning! We meet in the common room for morning input. Then everyone has a silent time.
7:30: Breakfast
8.00 till lunch by 13.00: MDT course work. Different issues are dealt with. The current
topic is called "Inside Out". It includes a unit on the "Father heart of God." It is about full devotion to God, self-esteem, and especially the healing of injuries or failures in the past.
The unit ended with the topic "forgiveness": Taking mistakes and sin to the cross and really handing them over to God.

God has healed many wounds in my life and he has done miracles to my heart done! I had
had to leave home in order to arrive at home, to see my own wounds and allow them to be healed. I know now you must be curious about but this miracle but it is too personal for a Newsletter.
Then in the afternoon there are different activities each day: Shopping, time for sports, practical work on the base, time to reflect or meet with my mentor.
18:00: dinner. Every week we have a dinner from a different culture. Germany offered delicious dumplings, goulash and cabbage.

The evening program is filled differently:
On Mondays we have a prayer meeting. OM missionaries present their work in their country of assignment and exchange prayer requests.
In addition, we had a prayer evening on Psalm 23. For each verse there was a prayer station. For example, a fully set table for "He prepares a table before me in the face my enemies. "
On Thursdays we meet in our "care groups" of about 7 people. Here we share our impressions about the past week, or simply have a little fun and fellowship together.
On Fridays, our small cafe on the base is open. A perfect start for the weekend ☺

By the way: While winter refuses to leave in Germany, he doesn’t want to come here at all. It is still around 30 ° C ☺.

Very soon, the first outreach with the new team will start. Groups of 10 people are sent to different places. ☺ Two weeks in the African bush lie before me.

Warm greetings,
Pina

Please pray
• for a good group composition
• that God opens doors for us in order to reach people

2 comments:

  1. Vielen Dank an Uwe, der auch dieses Mal Pinas Newsletter übersetzt hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leider mit einigen Tippfehlern :-(

    ReplyDelete